There are mixed reports circulating about Coastal Vacations as an earning opportunity. At its best it seems a way for honest people to make big commissions on the packages they sell, while at its worst, some are hawking paperwork on ebay that can leave buyers out in the cold. It is not the most straightforward 2-up opportunity around, so it is in your best interest to research not only the company but also the integrity of the director you are in contact with if you decide to join the program. The emphasis on recruiting more people makes it seem like it could be a scam. This review is meant to help you sort out how the program works and what some of the key benefits and drawbacks might be.
Coastal Vacations offers discounted travel packages at three levels, beginning at a $1295 membership, going up to $11,000. Thus it offers vacation opportunities to affluent families who enjoy travel, as well as a 2-up business opportunity.
– The vacation packages may offer significant value for people who have the time and money to travel. The company reports you can save up to 75%.
– Joining as a Level I, Level II, or Level III director gives you the opportunity to make $1000 to $6500 per sale (after your first two training sales).
-When people sign up under you, the commissions on their first two training sales go to you. The more people you recruit and train, the more training sale commissions should come to you.
– Many people lack the time and money needed to travel as much as each package includes. Also, the packages are for two people, no more no less. There are also blackout dates and other seasonal limitations on the offers.
– You will have to invest a considerable amount, at least $1295 to join.
– Because the memberships are transferable, some people have figured out how to do an end run around the training sales. This means they can skip the process of training and attain their desired director level without having to give up any sales. This also means that you may not get your supposed commission for training someone who bought their directorship at an online auction site.
As a business opportunity, this program is not ideal for the novice salesperson. However, if you are person who has the money to invest, enjoys travel, selling, and building contacts with more well to do people, this opportunity might be appropriate to explore further. Care must be taken to fully understand how the business operates and how trustworthy directors that you are dealing with are. Some claim that their sponsor misled them, but those incidents seem most likely related to the people involved, and perhaps not due to the company themselves, which has been operating for 13 years.